The Governing Board meets termly to discuss school business and monitor progress in meeting school improvement targets. The Student Discipline, Staff Dismissal and Appeals Committees meet as and when necessary as do convened Appointments Committees. The Chair of Governors keeps in close contact with the school throughout the year and meets regularly with the Headteacher.
The Governing Board monitors the progress of the School Development Plan, is involved in the appraisal of all staff and works with the Headteacher in managing the school’s budget and resources.
Our Governing Board currently comprises:
- Mr B. Blackwood - Chair of Governors
- Mr D. Hawthorne - Vice-chair - Co-opted
- Mr R. Twigg - LA Representative
- Mrs K. Brennan, Mrs A. Allcock, Mrs P. McConnell, Mrs C. Warke, Mr P Deay - Co-opted Governors
- Mrs P. Fletcher, Mr D. Jones, Mrs A. Murphy, Mrs D. Hogg - Parent Governors
- Mrs L. Gee - Staff Governor
- Mr G. Thomas - Acting Headteacher
- Mrs S. Camacho - Governor Support Officer
Full details of Governing Body roles and terms of office can be found here:
Details of attendance at Governing Board meetings over the past 12 months can be found here:
Details of Governing Body training attended by Governors during September 2017 - July 2020 can be found here:
Register of interests
No members of our Governing Board have any relevant business or material interests.
Mr R. Twigg is also a Governor at Norris Bank Primary School.