Strike day update
Which pupils will be in school?
- All of 6th Form.
- Year 11 pupils due to sit their mock GCSE maths exam (from 9.00-11.00am). These pupils will then have the option (if suitable) to make their own way home at the end of morning break (11.00am). If they are unable to travel independently they will be offered a place in school for the remainder of the day.
- Pupils in Year 7-11 who we feel are vulnerable and have been contacted directly to be offered a supervised place in school on the day. If you have not been contacted directly, your child is not one of this group and will not be in school.
If your child is not in any of the above groups then they will not be in school on Wednesday 1st February.
Is work being set for pupils to do at home?
The teachers who are striking have been instructed by their union not to set work for their classes. We suggest that pupils:
- Complete any of their normal homework.
- Visit the home learning page of this website where they'll find a range of educational websites for each subject. Click here:
- Read a book, comic or magazine.
- Try to do something active outdoors, if possible.
What about school dinners?
If your child is in Year 7-11 and not in school, but usually receives Free School Meals, you will automatically receive a £3 Tesco E-Voucher. This will be sent via text or email.
What about after-school clubs?
Even if your child is one of the pupils who will be in school, no after-school clubs will be running on Wednesday.